Stolt Tank Containers pursues the highest standards in quality, safety and sustainability. Our sustainable innovations are implemented through staff training and compliance with a broad range of policies and regulations, ensuring positive outcomes for people and the planet, while providing the best service to customers.
We are committed to operating in a sustainable manner by focusing on the following fundamentals to drive us forward:
• Providing the easiest, fastest and most flexible customer experience
• Abiding by our commitment to safety of zero harm
• Attracting and retaining high quality, motivated people and developing jobs into careers for all our staff
• Fostering a culture of innovation that sets us apart from the competition and which we constantly strive to improve
• Constantly reinvest in our businesses, assets and people for long-term growth
• Continuously pursue the reduction of the environmental impact of our businesses
• Continually developing initiatives that will ensure the long-term future of STC and the environment in which we operate.
Read our full sustainability policy below
Purpose of the Sustainability Policy
To outline our approach to becoming a more sustainable company. We will constantly draw upon the fundamentals that drive us forward:
- Provide the easiest, fastest, and most flexible customer experience
- Attract and retain high quality, motivated people and develop jobs into careers for all our staff
- Foster a culture of innovation that sets us apart from our competition and constantly strives to improve
- Constantly reinvest in our businesses, assets, and people for long-term growth
- Continuously pursue the reduction of the environmental impact of our businesses
- Abide by our safety commitment of zero harm
- Continually develop initiatives that will ensure the long-term future of STC and the environment in which we operate.
Core sustainability principles
This policy is aligned with the Stolt-Nielsen Limited sustainability objectives and is supplemented by a specific set of core sustainability principles outlined below:
Health and safety
Health and safety have the highest priority in all STC’s activities. We will:
- Identify potential risks and take measures to avoid, prevent, control, and limit them to create a safe working environment
- Maintain and enhance a proactive safety culture. To continuously improve all activities with a focus on safety
- Conduct our business in line with the highest safety standards and best practices
- Commit to zero harm to our people and the environment
STC’s Going Further strategy is built around our goal to provide the easiest, fastest, and most flexible customer experience. Our people are an integral part of that vision. We will:
- Value them and treat them with respect
- Promote equal opportunities and diversity in all activities
- Provide a safe and rewarding environment for all our employees
- Attract and retain qualified, motivated, and high-performing employees
- Encourage and support our people to share their ideas on how STC can continuously innovate and improve
Protecting the environment
We are committed to reducing our environmental footprint. We will:
- Responsibly handle our customers’ products under our care
- Use resources efficiently
- Reduce our energy and water consumption
- Reduce harmful emissions and minimise the disposal of waste to landfill
- Explore new and/or alternative processes and technologies to reduce our impact on the environment
STC’s financial objective is to deliver long-term profitable growth. We will:
- Deliver on the growth targets of our strategy whilst promoting sustainability
- Improve our business by offering the highest quality service to our customers
- Be the tank container and logistics company of choice
- Explore new business opportunities with sustainable futures
- Reduce STC’s and our customers’ supply chain carbon footprints
- Promote awareness in our industry of our collective responsibilities to the environment
STC will ensure good corporate governance including strong ethics, fairness, accountability, responsibility, and transparency.
- We support and adhere to internationally proclaimed human rights, employ no child labor and support diversity in the workplace
- We will take measures to comply with all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies, behave with integrity, avoid conflicts of interest, bribery, and corruption
Sustainability is an important part of STC’s overall mission. We will regularly conduct internal and external audits, maintain safety and quality management systems, monitor our key performance indicators. Delivering on our commitments keeps us accountable to our sustainability responsibilities.
ISO tank containers: the environmentally-friendly alternative to flexibags
Whether your product is headed on a short or long voyage, needs storage or specialist handling, Stolt Tank Containers has the capacity to move it to wherever you want. This is our promise to you.
What happens to depot wastewater? Our environmentally responsible approach to tank container cleaning
Measuring and improving sustainability with EcoVadis
Upholding environmental and ethical sustainability, for both people and the planet, is a matter of great importance at Stolt Tank Containers (STC). Not just because we believe in doing the right thing for everybody, but also because sustainable practices lead to lower costs, improved processes and better ability to service our customers.